Top navigation

You are here:

Apply for a Check

Not sure if you need a WWC Check?

Not everyone who works around children needs a WWC Check. Some exemptions apply. Answer the questions in 'Do I need a Check?' to decide if you need a Check.

If you are a minister of religion, please go to Who needs a Check? for details on the special requirements regarding your work under the Working with Children Act 2005 (the Act).


What you will need to fill in the online application form

To complete the form you must have:

  • an email address, so we can contact you about your application
  • the address of every place you have lived in the last 5 years in Australia
  • the name, postal address and phone number in Australia for each organisation you will be doing paid or volunteer child-related work for
  • a printer that will print a legible copy of the Application summary.

After filling in the online form, finalise your application at a participating Australia Post retail outlet, by presenting your Application summary, proof of identity documents and a passport quality photo. Employee WWC Check applicants need to also pay a Fee. Fees are non-refundable.


If you have saved a draft of your application, go to Resume draft

Have you applied for a WWC Check before?

If you have a WWC Check and need to renew go to Renew your Check.

If you have a Volunteer WWC Check and need an Employee Check go to Volunteer to Employee Check.